Saturday, August 2, 2008

Mom in 6!

Wednesday:
The rain is so hard that my magnets were blown off my fridge and most of the letters and cards blown all the way into my pila room, where they were covered in rain. The rain blew so hard a bunch of my plastic dishes, nowhere near the front of my house or a window, went flying off the shelves and pieces of my palm roof shot into the house. There’s water on the floor and my usually rain-proof pila room is filling with water. I’m very glad I’m caught up with dishes for the day and already took a shower since now the pila is full of bugs and debris that have flown into it. If your pila gets spoiled with things falling into it...that’s your water until the next morning! Lots of extra cleaning to do now.

Speaking of pila water, I now use it to cook and for tea and coffee. I’ve gotten over being grossed out by the little layer of silt, haha. I only use bottled water for cold drinks and ice mostly because I don’t feel like having dirt and crap in my cold drinks. And I agree with Francisco about the bottled water in Canada –I refuse to even Brita my water although Jeffrey insists on the filter (just to be a brat; I highly doubt he cares about the filtration of his water either way).

Friday: Change your calendars people! New month!

Today’s a bit of a milestone (or I’m making it one in my head). 2.5 months in the cooperative, 1 month since I moved into my house and exactly 6 months until I come back to Canada.

Coquette has been acting like a pregnant dog. Not a good situation. I’m just hoping she’s aging weirdly or having empty nest syndrome (although 3 of the puppies are still hanging out at the house) or something. She’s started making a little bed for herself in my garbage/exercise room, has become really weirdly agressive towards me, has put on weight pretty quickly in the last week or two and keeps wanting to sleep on my bed. I told Carola if she has more puppies, we’re going to have to start giving them away to tourists. She has the pitch ready “Gift of a puppy with a tour! An authentical Guatemalan puppy!” Or my other idea was start giving them away with every loan we give out. Everybody think non-pregnant thoughts.

1 comment:

  1. hola! probe de enviarte un mesaje por telefono. No se porque, pero no funcionco. Envia a mi una mensaje porque puedo guardar tu numero en mi cellular!

    ReplyDelete