Tuesday, August 5, 2008

La Casa de Embarazo: Pregnant Annie, cat, dog (x2?) and now...

No, not me. Although immaculate conception would win the “best co-op story” at least for 2008.

BAAAH!! Shawna sent me a kick ass package that I got today (Tuesday). Sorry if this is embarrassing, evil cousin, but I have to share the funky stuff I got. It was a Mom-style care package, i.e. full of awesome random stuff! Okay, first item I pull out: an “environmentally friendly” (¿?) sushi stapler (which is actually handy, too, since I’m lacking in the stapler department). Next? MAPLE SYRUP CANDY. Oh how I missed you!! I used to eat way too many selling maple syrup for the Sullivans. Third item was “Hell Babies” stationary which is sort of hard to explain, but imagine what a 13 year old goth wannabe would design if she were designing purple hell themed stationary (bleeding fruit stickers, an evil looking little monster dude, a curvy girl with flaming boobs, snakes and dripping spider webs...yeah). And the handiest and cutest of all, a three eyed squirrel change purse. I’m saving the card for tonight...made my day! I have the best friends. All of the mail I’ve been getting is so much fun! You’re a creative bunch, people.

Other exciting Tuesday update: Luis found goats! And, against my better judgement, we’re going to go in together on a pregnant one. I know this is going to come back to bite me in the butt (maybe literally...) but I have a ton of really tall grass and he promises they’ll be cute...Haha. He has a farm (see Facebook pictures) so we’re going to split on the goat now and he’ll pay me my half back when I leave and bring the goats back to his farm. I’m sure there will be many a goat story to come, so stay tuned.

Friday night, I watched some cartoons that I bought with a gang of kids who came over then went to Valentina’s to hang out with some other people in their 20’s, half from Santa Rita and half from Horizonte. Not exactly a big boozing night, though –2L of beer were split pretty evenly among the 8 of us, haha.

Saturday, I went into town as per usual for researching, Skyping and Facebooking, then came home to children who were pumped to watch more cartoons! So we did while they chomped on these mini-lemons that grow in my backyard that I’m afraid to try in case I’m allergic. Unfortunately, they are in the habit of dropping the seeds on the floor or tossing them out of the house with inaccurate aim. So my floor is now covered in spit and pits (they did try to remember to put the pits in a bowl but they were pretty entranced by the cartoons) –worth it! Only downside to Saturday was the lack of the garbage people showing up –I have two months worth of (clean!) garbage in bags in my garbage/exercise room that I’m keen on getting rid of!! I’m going to run out of space to do pilates, haha.

It was all too good to be true: Raoulin (I know I ruin the spelling of everyone’s names) came by Saturday night to tell me that he couldn’t get us horses for Sunday because they’re all being used to carry stuff to fumigate the grass. Bummer! Oh well, it’ll give me another activity to look forward to after Mom leaves so I shouldn’t be too depressed.

Sunday was full of research proposal-ing (goal was Tuesday, now modified to Friday since I found a lot of useful, interesting information. Which sounds like a good thing but sucks because it means more work, haha!), washing a ton of laundry (which didn’t dry due to mega thunderstorm-age in the afternoon, bleh) and a break to watch Madagascar with some of my neighbours! It was very sweet. And Audelio, Virgilito and Brenda came by in the afternoon and coloured while I chatted with Mom on the phone. Mom’s bringing stickers (thanks Dad!), colouring books (thanks Grandmaman!), crayons, pencil crayons, and movies (thanks Cruzes!). I can’t wait to see their faces –they’re going to freak out.

On Monday, movie afternoon was cancelled since the power was out for the first half hour and I didn’t have a lot of time since I want to finish this ridiculous research proposal. So Brenda, Virgilito, Braulio and I watched some cartoons for a bit. Brenda brought me an apple! It was the sweetest thing. I haven’t eaten an apple in 3 months (they don’t grow them here). My little apple gift made my day.

And that's the pre-Mom´s visit update!

No comments:

Post a Comment