Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Back in O-Town

This last month has been an absolute blur. Many duty shifts, working, studying here and there, hanging out with friends and trying to get everything done that needed to get done was exhausting. I still haven't recovered from all of that yet; hopefully by the weekend I'll feel rested.

After checking out over 60 students, with the help of Jeffrey, I packed up all of my belongings. Francis, Jaclyn, random friend of Francis, Tiana, Dave, Eric, Francis's parents, Adam and probably more people helped get all of my crap to Francis's place. My shoes went missing in the process, somehow, which really sucks. Still can't find them and I was going to be bringing those as my work shoes. Darn. I have a ton of stuff after living in a house last year with Tiana and a decent sized bachelor last summer. I didn't move back to Ottawa at all, so all of the things that filled those homes were stored somehow over the last school year. Needless to say, there's over 2 large van loads of stuff. The patience of everyone involved in moving, which included Ania, Brendan and Mom by Sunday, is much appreciated. Especially considering I was grumpy and drained, I can't believe how well everyone came together for me. Complete strangers and families of friends were so generous in helping me, a random girl with a ton of stuff who they don't even know. Francis's family and Ania's mom ROCK --thanks so much for letting me store some of my stuff until we can haul it back to O-Town!

We ended off our incredible 3 years pre-placement with an "Epic Party" at Francis's place on Saturday. People from first to fifth year, UofT staff to Ryerson students, parents and friends piled into the Massé residence. It was an unforgettable evening in so many ways. Throughout the night were tearful good-byes but I definitely smiled and laughed way more than I cried. There weren't many pictures of the night because everyone was having too good of a time to remember to document any of it, haha. I doubt many of us will be forgetting it, though.

Sunday night, Brendan and Mom -fresh from a hockey tournament- picked me and Jeffrey up from the Massé place. We were back in Ottawa by 11pm and it was off to bed before a long day on Monday.

Monday, May 5: dentist, waited 20 minutes at the police station for a police check and gave up, eye doctor, waited 2 hours at the police station for a police check and gave up. Mom got my malaria pills, which I started. They're dry pills and suck to take.

Tuesday, May 6: waited 10 minutes at the police station and got my police check!, scanned/photocopied/printed a million forms at Mom's office, told OHIP I'll be gone.

Tonight I'll be hanging out with Devon, my first friend in elementary school. We haven't seen each other in a couple of years and I can't wait!

Left to do? Mom and I are shopping til we drop at MEC tomorrow. Most of my shopping needs to be done at Shoppers and I'm still waiting on a few prescriptions. I need to mail some receipts in to Toronto and mail my police check to CUSO. Jeffrey's teaching me a bunch of accounting, Excel and SWOT analysis stuff. I'll be catching up with friends and family before I'm off. And I need to cram some Spanish while I'm at it. It's going to be a busy final 8-9 days!

1 comment:

  1. Ha, I know the feeling of having an insane amount of stuff to do before leaving! I hope you have a great trip! And good luck leaving the airport! It didn't take a departure date for it to hit me either, mine came at the airport when I heard, "Air Canada flight 456 now boarding" then I... well, cried! haha... good luck with everything :)

    -Stacy
    (Jessica's sister)

    ReplyDelete