Tuesday, March 11, 2008

shot party with my husband



Health forms are complete! I gave Nancy (my co-op supervisor) my receipts for my forms being signed and my TB test this morning and my package of forms. I wrote up my page and a bit about all of my health issues :p Hopefully the insurance company doesn't make me do extra tests because of my asthma, chest pain and stupid stomach. *Fingers crossed* Also gave Nancy a present of maple syrup which caused her to squeal and give me a hug across her desk, haha.

Maple syrup is nothing since I owe her! CUSO and Oxfam-Quebec didn't ask for my resume based on a chart of everyone in my program. Nancy sent in my resumes anyway after I bugged her. And, go figure, I got hired by both! The Oxfam job wasn't as perfect, so my Guatemala job was an easy choice.

Dave and I went to get our shots today. We got typhoid and yellow fever shots. Technically I don't need yellow fever but I will need it if I travel to Brazil or Bolivia. Also got cholera booster powder crap that you mix with water and tastes like "raspberries". Or crap. Depending on what raspberries normally taste like to you. Prescriptions for Cipro (traveller's diarrhea) and Chloroquine (malaria) were given, too. So as soon as I get those prescriptions, I'm DONE with my health stuff! Woot.

The doctor was convinced we were married. She thought it was romantic that I want to go visit Bolivia. Uh, sure. "Do you always travel together?" Makes you a bit nervous when your travel doctor forgets you're going to two different countries/regions...

Our first Spanish lesson on Monday was good. Los palillos are chopsticks! Not the most useful addition to my vocabulary but it was relevant in the discussion because we were eating stirfry. Francis assigned me homework, which was helpful. Ania got some grammar tips. It was good times. Another "class" on Thursday!

I got traumatized by looking at Leslie's pictures of Costa Rica. I'll post some later on...scorpions, snakes, spiders and lizards...oye.




No comments:

Post a Comment